REGISTRATION FOR THE BACKYARD COMPETITION IS FULL!
Calling all hometown barbecuers who have watched all the cooking competitions on TV and thought, "I can do that!" This is your chance to prove it! The Backyard Barbecue Competition at the 2015 River Grill is a contest for amateurs in the Chicken, Pork Ribs, and Pork Butt categories. Cash prizes will be awarded up to 10th place in both the Overall Competition and within the individual categories.
2015 BACKYARD AWARDS
|PRIZE LEVEL||CASH VALUE|
2015 KCBS CATEGORIES
2015 KCBS Categories
2015 BACKYARD COMPETITORS
Big Eds BBQ
Rub Our Butts BBQ
swines of anarchy cincinnati original
Smoke and Mirrors BBQ
Smokin Dudes BBQ
Two Brothers BBQ
Mind Your P's & Q's BBQ
Smokin' Hot Butts
Go Big or Go BBQ
Smoke on the Water
Land of Justice BBQ
Bogey's Smokin BBQ
All food service operations that prepare or portion food on the premise should provide an adequate supply of potable water for purposes of cleaning and employee hand washing. Municipal connections, holding tanks or portable containers are accepted means to provide an adequate supply.
Fire safety code requires a fully charged and operable 40 B.C. portable fire extinguisher inside your Cook’s area.
Employees must use suitable utensils such as deli tissue, spatulas, tongs, single-use gloves, or dispensing equipment when handling RTE food. All personnel must wash hands prior to beginning work, when returning to work after any break in food prep activities, when putting on or changing gloves, or any time their hands become soiled.
- Sanitizer or properly diluted, unscented bleach may be used
- Probe thermometer
- Hair restraints
- Portable water supply/soap and single service towels
- Adequate equipment and facilities to maintain food at proper temperatures
- Properly tagged and sized portable fire extinguisher *
To Prevent Food borne Illness:
- Obtain foods from an approved source Wash hands thoroughly before handling food, single service items and clean equipment and utensils
- Maintain hot foods at temperatures of 135 degrees Fahrenheit or above
- Maintain cold foods at temperatures of 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below
- Cook pork to a minimum temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 15 seconds
- Cook chicken and other poultry to a minimum temperature of 165 degrees for at least 15 seconds
- Reheat cooked foods to a minimum temperature of 165 degrees within two hours for hot holding
- Check food temperatures frequently with a probe type thermometer
- Heat food quickly and cool foods rapidly
- Keep raw and cooked food separated
- Use single service articles whenever possible
- Keep foods covered and protected from dust, dirt, insects, vermin and human cross contamination
- Do not store food directly in contact with ice used for beverages
- Store all food products and equipment at least six inches off the ground
- When in doubt, throw it out
This lists and guidelines are not totally comprehensive, strict adherence will insure that the 2015 River Grill before the Big Chill competition is handled professionally and safely. Your cooperation and attention to detail will greatly enhance our opportunity for a successful and safe event. The City of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati Board of Park Commissioners are in no way responsible for contaminated or improperly prepared food.